Jeff Davis County Regional Workforce Overview
The Jeff Davis County Region offers a lot of benefits for companies that need a solid workforce and a continous supply of skilled talent. In our target industries of Wood Products, Metal Fabrication, and Advanced Manufacturing, the Region has a concentration of employees that far exceeds National averages.
The Region has several workforce development institutions that offer specialized degrees (at all levels) and certificate programs that meet the needs of area employers and they can meet your needs as well. In Jeff Davis County, we’re extremely committed to K-12 in addition to our technical training institutions. In fact, many of our public school facilities are newly constructed.
Vocational High School
- Jeff Davis County High School
- Coastal Pines Technical College
- Heart of Georgia Technical College
- Southeastern Technical College
- Okefenokee Technical College
- Wiregrass Technical College
Colleges and Universities
- Georgia Southern University
- South Georgia State College
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- University of Georgia Tifton Campus
- Brewton-Parker College
Regional Education Attainment
Within 45 minute drive time | View the Education Report
- Less Than 9th Grade: 13,456 10%
- 9th Grade to 12th Grade: 15,402 11.5%
- High School Diploma: 56,307 42.2%
- Some College: 22,053 16.5%
- Associate’s Degree: 9,573 7.2%
- Bachelor’s Degree: 9,983 7.5%
- Graduate Degree and Higher: 6,800 5.1%
Forest and Wood Product Industry Workforce
- 5,572 jobs within this industry.
- 246% higher job concentration than the national average.
- $55,600 average earnings in this industry sector which is $1,200 below the national average.
Metal Fabrication Industry Workforce
- 1,648 jobs within this industry.
- 69% higher job concentration than the national average.
- $52,000 average earnings in this industry sector which is $14,000 below the national average.
Advanced Manufacturing Workforce
- 5,739 jobs within this industry.
- 39% higher job concentration than the national average.
- $49,900 average earnings in this industry sector which is $41,200 below the national average.